While gambling should be a fun and rewarding activity, it can often result in unwanted consequences if care is not taken to gamble responsibly. There are always inherent risks when it comes to odds and gambling, and over time, there will be occasions when you lose more than you win.
As a gaming provider committed to safe and responsible gambling, the Goldrush Group would like to offer some helpful tips on how to bet and gamble responsibly:
- Never gamble when you are stressed or upset. It’s better to only gamble when you are doing it for fun and not as a way of alleviating tough times.
- Understand the mechanics of the game you’re playing beforehand. By having full knowledge of the game you’re playing, you can better control the strategies you use and ensure that things don’t tumble out of control.
- Before gambling, set a limit or “budget” for yourself ̶ there are several tools available online that can help you monitor your play.
- Ensure that you take frequent breaks – get some fresh air, move around, and have a bite to eat. Just make sure that you aren’t gambling at a computer for consecutive hours on end.
- Don’t try to gamble to recoup your losses.
- Make sure that you only gamble with money that you have – never borrow money to gamble or use money that is intended for necessities such as food, rent or water.
- Never gamble as a way of making quick cash to pay bills go on a trip or pay off a debt. Make sure that you set aside money for these expenses and never use this cash to gamble.
- Don’t employ “good luck” strategies as they will not increase your chances of winning. Rather just play and enjoy.
- Make sure that gambling isn’t your only hobby or leisure activity by engaging in other recreational activities, even if it’s just watching TV.
Always remember these important points when gambling. While gambling can and should be fun, one should also take care not to let it become a problem. Goldrush and Gbets include a mechanism for self-exclusion: https://www.goldrush.co.za/?accounts=%2A&settings=%2A&self-exclusion=%2A
Feel The Rush