We want everyone to enjoy the Goldrush experience. However, we do recognise that some players may wish to restrict their game play or even stop playing altogether. We provide a self-exclusion facility that allows players to close their account for a minimum period of 6 months.
National Responsible Gambling Programme
Request for self-exclusion
Official channels for self-exclusion are Provincial Gambling Boards and the gambling operator. Each can provide you with self-exclusion forms that need to be completed by you and returned to either official channel. This will allow your details to be entered onto the self-exclusion register.
Non-compliance with self-exclusion
It is your responsibility as the player who requested to be excluded from participating in gambling to ensure that you comply with the terms of the self-exclusion. In the case of non-compliance you will be denied access to your account.
Upliftment of the self-exclusion order
Requests for upliftment of the self-exclusion order will only be considered once the self-exclusion order has been in force for a period of six months and that you prove that you have attended counselling sessions with one of the NRGP Treatment Professionals.
These sessions are free of charge. Registration for these sessions can be arrange by contacting 0800 006 008 or email [email protected]
During you period of self-exclusion you will not receive any marketing material from us, until the period of self-exclusion is over, and you have requested to return to our website.
Once you choose to self-exclude, your Account will be closed for the duration of the selected period, and you will have no access to any products that are available on the website.
You will be able to withdraw any available funds from your account balance in accordance with our withdrawal policy.
Once a request for self-exclusion is made, this cannot be reversed. Goldrush keeps a register of excluded accounts, including payment methods and all self-exclusion agreements, for the duration of the self-exclusion.
If you choose to self-exclude from Goldrush, we recommend that you also self-exclude from other gaming sites that you hold accounts with. Software is available which can prevent computer or mobile devices from accessing gambling sites. Further information about these tools can be found here:
Advice to help you manage your gambling:
- Set out a budget and don’t go beyond this.
- Only play for the time you intended and take regular breaks when gambling.
- Make sure to balance gambling with other interests and hobbies.
- Set a deposit limit on your account, that’s realistic for you (click here for more details)
- Gambling should be for fun and entertainment not as a source of income.
- Don't forget your daily life; ensure you’ve completed all your responsibilities before gambling.
- Don't turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to pay back a debt.
- Don't gamble if you are in recovery for any dependency or if you’re under the influence of alcohol or any other substance
- For more information on how to gamble safely and on dealing with gambling problems, please contact www.responsiblegambling.org.za
Protection of Minors
Goldrush by law, does not allow minors (persons under the age of 18) to participate in gambling games or to make bets. As a mandatory part of the registration process we will request confirmation of your age. We take the issue of minors taking part in gambling very seriously. To best protect minors from accessing gambling, we encourage parents and carers to:
- Keep your account access details in a safe and secure place (User ID and password)
- Do not save your password on the system (Remember me)
- Always log out of your account after your session
- Inform children of the potential negative effects of and consequences of under-age gambling
We would recommend the use of third party filter software. This software allows you to restrict access to internet resources that are age inappropriate. We recommend the following
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software gives parents the opportunity to add certain sites to block: www.cybersitter.com
There are also a number of companies who provide software* which once installed allows you to block your devices from accessing internet gambling sites, these include:
- BetBlocker: https://betblocker.org/ (free software)
- Gamblock: www.gamblock.com
- Gamban: https://gamban.com/
*Goldrush provides links to other websites owned by third parties. The content of such third party sites is not within our control, and we cannot and will not take responsibility for the information or content thereon. Links to such third party sites are not to be taken as an endorsement by Goldrush of the third party site, or any products promoted, offered or sold on the third party site. In addition, Goldrush will not be held responsible for the performance or quality of the third party software recommended on this page.